We’re very happy to say that, for the first time, side-by-side (ORV) vehicles are permitted on our rally. Changes to the Highway Traffic Act Regulation 316.03 came in to effect July 1, 2015 allowing on road access to more off road vehicle types, which include most ORVs.
For on-road riding, an ATV/ORV driver must:
- be at least 16 years old
- hold at least a valid G2 or M2 licence
- wear an approved helmet, securely fastened under the chin with a chin strap
- wear a seat belt, where provided
- travel at speeds less than the posted speed limit, as outlined below
For on-road riding, a passenger on an ATV/ORV:
- cannot be under the age of eight
- must wear a seat belt or use foot rests, when applicable
- must wear an approved helmet, securely fastened under the chin with a chin strap
More information can be found here.