Welcome to Nation Valley ATV Club - ATV Trails for Winchester, Ottawa South, North GrenvilleThe Nation Valley All-Terrain Vehicle Club (NVATVC) is an incorporated body representing the interests of ATV enthusiasts in District 1 of Eastern Ontario. Located just south of Ottawa, we have trails near Winchester, Hallville and South Mountain.
Our trails are open but please be aware of wild parsnip along the trail system. Do NOT touch!
“Wild Parsnip may pose a health risk to humans. The plant sap contains chemicals that may cause skin and eye irritation and make the skin prone to severe burning and blistering when exposed to the sun. The blisters typically occur one to two days after contact with the plant. This can result in long-term scarring of the skin.”
How to Avoid Wild Parsnip Burns
- When working around Wild Parsnip or when walking through dense vegetation, wear goggles, gloves, long pants and long-sleeved shirts. Thoroughly wash boots and gloves with soap and water before taking off your protective clothing.
- Children should be reminded not to pick wild flowers. Ensure children are able to identify Wild Parsnip in order to avoid exposure.
- If you are exposed to the plant sap, wash the contaminated area(s) thoroughly as soon as possible, and seek medical attention if skin irritation occurs.
For more information on Wild Parsnip you can visit the City of Ottawa wild parsenip page –
Beginning July 1, 2015, the province is implementing the following changes to ensure that ORV and ATV riders safely reach their destination:
- More types of ORVs and ATVs, including two-up ATVs, side-by-side ATVs and utility-terrain vehicles (UTVs), will be allowed to use the shoulder of public roads.
- All riders — including drivers and passengers of all ages — will have to wear a helmet and use a seatbelt or foot rests, where applicable
Thank you to everyone who wrote letters, participated in surveys and helped ATV enthusiasts across the province be heard. The announcement today shows that working together we can help shape the future of our sport in Ontario!
Read the full MTO press release here.
Volunteers were out on the trails today in preparation for the June 14 Safety Week Fun Run (details can be found here). They managed to replace some missing signs, mow some weeds and fix a damaged bridge.
ALL TRAILS ARE CLOSED FOR SPRING THAW
- First Bridge for Ottawa Trails posted on 24/08/2014
- Trails to Open May 27 posted on 23/05/2017
- Allan Johnston Repair & Sales Open House posted on 25/11/2014
- Trail Signs Around North Grenville posted on 25/09/2014
- Ride for Dad from the Air posted on 18/03/2016
- Update to Trail Closure posted on 10/05/2017
- ATV Insurance posted on 10/12/2014
- ALL TRAILS ARE CLOSED posted on 08/03/2017
- Winter Rides 2015 posted on 07/01/2015
- Trail are Groomed posted on 09/01/2017